Trowbridge is the county town of Wiltshire with a long history as an important market town. Known as the ‘Manchester of the West’ for its world-renowned woollen cloth milling industry, today Trowbridge is a manufacturing, industrial, office, farming and retail centre where thousands of local businesses are based.
Trowbridge offers excellent transport links. The train station is in town centre, with direct trains to London, Bath and Brighton. There is easy access to the M4, A36 and A303, and Trowbridge just a 50 minute drive to Bristol Airport.
Wiltshire Council has created a Vacant Commercial Unit Fund (VCUF) of £1.2 million using some of the £16,347,056 awarded to Trowbridge from the Government’s Future High Streets Fund.
Grants will fund the refurbishment of commercial units in Trowbridge town centre to help independent businesses and start-ups, bring new life to the high street and encourage the conversion of upper floors of commercial premises to create additional residential accommodation.
-Small grant awards – £2,500 – £24,999
-Large grant awards – £25,000 – £100,000
To apply for a grant or for further information visit www.wiltshire.gov.uk/vacant-commercial-units-fund
– 3 Fore Street (Barclays)
– 12 Fore Street (restaurant/takeaway)
– 21 Fore Street (former Thomas Cook – 928 ft2 – rent TBC – email firstname.lastname@example.org
– 22 Fore Street (former William Hill – 1022 ft2 – rent TBC – email email@example.com
– 32 Fore Street (4,345 sq ft prime retail)
– 42 Fore Street (under offer) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
– 48 Fore Street (formerly Monsoon – 3642 sq ft – prime retail)
– 66 Fore Street (restaurant)
– 42 Roundstone Street – email email@example.com
– 2-3 Silver Street (formerly M&Co)
– 7 Silver Street (50m2 – under offer)– email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
– 9-10 Silver Street (80m2)-email email@example.com for details
– Fortescue House, Court Street (7,793 sq ft)
– 7 Mill Street (Unit 6, Kestrel House, BA14 8BE (B1)
– 7 Mill Street (Unit 8, Kestrel House, BA14 8BE
– 1 Mill Street, BA14 8BE (8 office rooms)
– St James Hall Church (Large town centre church, previously a soft play centre & gym. Would suit something similar)
– 45 Stallard Street (takeaway)
– Bythesea Road (990 sq ft)
– The Halve – 1,000 sq ft – ground & 1st floor offices
– St George’s Works (retail) email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
– Handle House, Stallard St (1834 sq ft)
– Gainsborough building, Canal Rd (59,000 sq ft)
– Doric Business Centre (industrial unit)
– Shires Shopping Centre – various units – email email@example.com
The Chamber can help new and existing businesses to relocate their premises, book trading space at local markets and give updates of new business opportunities.
Trowbridge town centre has a range of commercial spaces to let. Please get in touch by email to discuss your needs or visit our property agents’ websites.
To become a Trowbridge Chamber of Commerce member, from just £25 a year, you can sign up online via the Membership page of the website, which will automatically generate your Members Directory business profile.
Trowbridge has four markets with trading opportunities available for a wide range of businesses. Taking a market stall is a great way of testing your business proposition.